Neil C. Volkmann is a Senior Loan Officer with Cornerstone Mortgage, Inc. His St. Louis based mortgage-banking experience started in 1988. He has personally originated, managed and/or directed mortgage production in excess of $4 billion dollars. Neil’s broad background encompasses almost every facet of mortgage banking including origination, operations, secondary and compliance. Neil has an extensive resume that includes:
- President of the Mortgage Bankers Association of St Louis – 2009
- Certified Mortgage Planning Specialist – 2008
- Guest lecturer – Graduate Studies – John Cook School of Business – St. Louis University 2001
- Several Years as a Top Producing Loan Officer 1991 – 2006
- Compliance school – Center for Financial Training 24th and 25th annual sessions
- Home Builder and Real Estate Investor – Commercial and Residential
- 3 Year Chairman of the MBA of St. Louis – “Homers for Homeless Campaign”
In 2012, Neil made a very important decision regarding his future. After reflecting on 24+ years of industry experience and the sacrifices needed to accomplish those, he decided to return to his passion of origination. Neil felt there was an industry-wide void in educating consumers of what he termed the “WEALTH FACTOR”.
“It is my sole responsibility to provide as much guidance to debt management as it is for a financial planner to maximize return on investments,” Neil states. “It is the spread between cost of funds and return on investment that creates WEALTH when a mortgage is to be used as a financial instrument.”
This concept requires extensive knowledge of mortgage products, the real estate transaction, personal finance and the ability to work with all parties committed to increasing this goal of achieving unencumbered WEALTH.
Neil’s unique experience in mortgage operations provides him with clarity while communicating the mortgage process to his customers and referral partners. It’s direct, understandable and most important, it delivers results on time.
“My customers and referral partners hire me to get them from application to closing as quickly and smoothly as possible. The only way I can earn a reciprocally loyal relationship is to deliver on that promise consistently. Time has proven this to be true.”
Toll Free: 877-842-9918